STARTUP PHL SECOND ROUND CALL FOR IDEAS ANNOUNCEMENT
The Startup PHL Call for Ideas is a Commerce Department and PIDC program that provides grants for projects that support entrepreneurs and improve Philadelphia’s startup scene. This second round of Call for Ideas focuses on student engagement with Philadelphia’s tech community. There were five great ideas that received this round’s grant awards.
2014 Call for Ideas Grant Awards:
- PennApps Fellows Internship Program – Up to $25,000 to fund 10 internships in a local program connecting student interns from across the nation to Philadelphia based companies for a 10-week internship during the summer 2014.
- Philadelphia Fashion Incubator – $25,000 to create a series of monthly seminars, panels and interactive workshops focused on the business of fashion for the design community.
- Zivtech Developer Boot Camp– $24,000to teach a six-week developer bootcamp to a class of 30 participants.
- NextFab Fellows Coop Program – $25,000 to support four co-op fellowships. Students will receive training and materials while gaining experience working with NextFab companies that struggle to find talent.
- Technical.ly / Philly Startup Leaders – $25,000 to create and execute a series of eight workshops to better connect the PHL tech community to students and universities.
“Companies continually tell us that a talented workforce is one of the most important factors to their growth,” said Alan Greenberger, Deputy Mayor for Economic Development. “Connecting Philadelphia’s world-class universities and students to our burgeoning tech community is a necessary component in retaining students past graduation.”
PIDC is proud to partner with First Round Capital in the Startup PHL Seed Fund to help businesses start and grow in Philadelphia. For more information about Startup PHL please visit www.startupphl.com.