Read more about two great opportunities to stimulate economic growth in Philadelphia.
2016 Request for Proposals for the Philadelphia Empowerment Zone Neighborhood Funding Stream
Industrial and Commercial Development grant opportunities in the American Street and North Central Empowerment Zones
The Philadelphia Department of Commerce’s Office of Neighborhood Economic Development and the American Street and North Central Empowerment Zone Community Trust Boards released a rolling Request for Proposal for Neighborhood Economic Development Impact Grants in the American Street and North Central Empowerment Zones.
GET A BRIEFING
Tuesday, April 26th, 1515 Arch Street, Room 18-029. 12:30-1:30PM. No RSVP necessary.
Email Aiisha Herring Miller at mailto:Aiisha.G.Herring@phila.gov with any questions about this opportunity.
SEE THE RFP
THE PENNOVATION CENTER ANNOUNCES CALL FOR INTEREST FOR BIO-LABORATORY INCUBATOR MEMBERS
The University of Pennsylvania is looking for the best ideas and innovators to serve as the first members of a shared-space wet lab, a unique facility under development in Philadelphia.
The Pennovation Center is an innovation hub, business incubator, and laboratory at the University of Pennsylvania that stimulates entrepreneurial activity and promotes the commercialization of research discoveries. This 58,000 square-foot facility, opening in the summer of 2016, will anchor the 23-acre Pennovation Works, located at 3401 Grays Ferry Avenue, adjacent to Penn’s campus and the Health System complex.
Intended to marry entrepreneurs with an expert workforce and scientifically advanced facilities, the Pennovation Center will generate economic growth in the Philadelphia region by translating new ideas and research into products, ventures, and services that will change the world.
CALL FOR INTEREST
The Pennovation Center is now seeking responses from early stage companies and tenants interested in laboratory space at the Center. Benefits for laboratory tenants include:
- Flexible space and lease terms
- BSL-1 labs that are ready to convert to BSL-2 labs with custom offices built to the user’s specifications
- Coworking space with 50+ dedicated desks
- Established safety program
- Expand as you grow
- Vibrant scientific entrepreneur ecosystem
- Access to key scientific instruments
- Lab services including glass wash and autoclaving
- 24 hours and 7 days access
- Conference and meeting rooms
- Multimedia technology support
- Furnished lockable offices, cubicles and desks
- Kitchen and break room
- Internet and phone access
- Key vendors on site for convenience
- Innovative entrepreneurial programing
- Investors – Entrepreneur networking events
- Easy parking on site
- Mail service, FedEx, UPS and USPS deliveries
To apply to be a tenant or for a spot in the bio-laboratory incubator, please click here.
Application Deadline: May 6 For more information, please visit pci.upenn.edu/pennovation-works/