Keystone Innovation Zones (KIZs) help build knowledge-based economies and cultivate entrepreneurship in Pennsylvania. The KIZ program creates the necessary support networks within existing communities to maintain and grow the pipeline of building innovators and dynamic new companies that will help shape the future of Pennsylvania’s economy. Philadelphia’s KIZs are located in University City and The Navy Yard.
The University City Keystone Innovation Zone (UC KIZ) has been an incredible concentration of resources for supporting and growing emerging technology companies. Home to numerous startups, several major universities, non-profit research institutes, and research and teaching hospitals, its community has the infrastructure and resources growing life sciences and technology companies need.
The Navy Yard Keystone Innovation Zone (KIZ) promotes technology innovation and commercialization through the collaboration of world-class academic institutions, federal, state, and local government agencies, and private industry to support growth of research and business activity focused on the following technology sectors:
- Power and Energy
- Advanced Materials & Manufacturing
- Communications and IT
- Homeland Security
- Life Sciences
Your company may be may be eligible for KIZ Tax Credits of up to $100,000 per year if your company is:
- Less than eight years old
- Commercializing life sciences or Information Technologies
- Was located within the UC KIZ in 2011 and 2012
- And received revenues such as product sales, licensing income, or grants in 2012
- The firm focuses on one or more of The Navy Yard KIZ technologies
- The firm is located at The Navy Yard